Wasp Mobile is currently seeking an Android developer to join the development team. This position will be responsible for bringing ideas to life in the digital space. This role requires the ability to be a strategic & conceptual thinker coupled with a strong ability to execute and produce.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- See projects through to completion from start to finish and on time.
- Work closely with Team Leads, Developers and Project Manager.
- Handle multiple projects at once, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and problem solving.
- Experience building complex Android Apps that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Good team player who is self motivated and well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as you will be working with overseas developers
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent training/certification
- 3+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years experience with the Android SDK and Java programming language
- Experience with Git/Mercurial, SQL, XML, JSON and Web Services
- Experience in writing automated tests preferred
- Android native UI/UX experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into app functionality
- A passion for mobile device technologies
If there is an Android app you have developed that you would like us to consider along with your resume, please attach a link for the download on the Google Play Store.
Successful candidates will be highly motivated and self-driven. They will also have a strong desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go “all in” to achieve project and company goals.