Pluto: @milkyway Do you ❤ me? #PlutoFlyBy
Mars: @pluto not sure about @milkyway but @earth definitely does.
Earth: Oh! Our #newhorizons2015 is already spotting love, I see @pluto. And @jupiter, will you please stop messing with your gasses, dude.
Jupiter: Can’t help it, @earth. Pardon, everybody! #badgasday. Congrats @pluto
In the celestial space, 140 million and some odd kilometers away from where we sit, 140 characters transcend the distance and stand as conversation between the planets. IF ONLY these heavenly objects had their own Twitter Accounts!
Are you able to picture Venus tweeting about Saturn’s rings, or Mercury tweeting about how big the sun is getting with each passing minute? While Neptune and Pluto are waging a tweet war over Pluto’s existence as a planet, Mars is simply enjoying the drama and mocking Earth for the mess up. Oh and poor Earth – the hardworking chap, is trying to gather as much information from the celestial newsfeed, following the stars, and working to decipher the behavior of these planets. Can you perceive how twitter would change the dynamics of the interstellar environment?
Now, back to where we’re happily tweeting here at home. Twitter is the “Interstellar” that everyone is trying to decode. We need to take advantage of its existence in a way that can generate good business. The downside is that there is so much chaos regarding how advanced twitter and other social media platforms can be that we tend to overlook rudimental steps that help us achieve the ideal results.
Here are few tips that can get you started on your mission to reach the stars:
- Get your engine started with the right fuel – Amidst the clutter of the social network, your profile should be noticeable. You should strive not be “one-in-a-million” because there are a million “one-in-a-millions” just like you. And, without an objective, you will be at loss wondering about what your next tweet should be. Just be yourself.
- Those 140 characters are the voice of your company each day – Content makes all the difference. Quality content if put in only 140 characters can be influential. Try to make it interactive and engaging so your content reaches the right sources. An organized schedule for your tweets can be very helpful as well. Too often keeping track of updates can become overwhelming, and no new tweet for three days in a row tends to make people forget about you. Hence, be consistent in your tweets.
- Orbit around Informative Content – Along with the updates and general content you should be sharing, it will help if you try to establish your business as a source for your industry. Informative tweets and useful tips can reach those who are looking for help. This will show that you know what you’re doing.
- Let them take a peek at your events – Sharing a picture about an event that you held, or a conference that your company took part in, will attract a lot of viewers. Images work very well with an audience. It also helps in getting connected to people within your industry.
- Make it a good base for research – Twitter can be a very good ground for research. From researching about a client to researching about your competitors, it’s almost always right.
- Keep an eye on the top-trends – Catching on the hashtag trend frenzy can be quite engaging. You don’t want to spam your posts with #hashtags but definitely be aware of those #hashtags that are making the rounds. Use this viral frenzy intelligently for your brand.
- Give the viewers a reason to follow you – A pinch of creativity, strategy, schedule and adaptability can attract the right amount of followers.
- Keep track of your performance – Lastly, you can also use Twitter to track your performance. It is the easiest way to look at what is working for you and what is not attracting any interaction at all. You can always use the Twitter search bar to get an idea of what people in the industry or potential clients are saying about you.
Twitter has become the easiest mode of connection, and with these basic tips you can initiate a lot of difference in creating a brand for your company. With as minimum a cost as possible, you can reach for advanced marketing and provoke the right kind of engagement.
And voila, the stars will follow you instead!
1,282 total views, 1 views today