One of the most common advertising platforms on Social Media is Facebook. It is not only popular but also cost effective for many brands.
Facebook Business offers 14 types of different advertising campaigns as seen below. Each Facebook Advertising Campaign has its own unique function. Navigating through them can be easier if you rightly understand your advertising objective.
To make things simple, I’ve listed out three main advertising objectives that a majority of businesses commonly use Facebook Advertising for.
By identifying your objective, you can determine the ideal campaign you should be using for your marketing efforts –
To Grow Audience –
This is one of the primary reasons enterprises use Social Media for.
- If this is your prime objective for advertising on Facebook, you should go for the Page Likes campaign.
- If your business is location based, then Local Awareness is also an ideal choice. While a Page Like campaign will reach out to a chosen target audience, Local Awareness helps reach out to people who are located in close proximity to your business’ physical location.
- If you have a Desktop or Mobile App, go for the corresponding App Install campaign. This is a tailor made campaign along with an ‘Install Now’ call-to-action. Facebook optimizes it automatically for the maximum app installs. Hence, you don’t have to struggle to send people to the Play Store or iOS App store through other means.
To Drive Engagement –
This choice is ideal for businesses with great content users can engage with.
- If you have the content up on your Facebook page, I’d recommend the Page Post Engagement campaign (also known as Boost Post). This will expand the reach of your post and encourage more people to like, comment or share it.
- If the content is hosted on your website or blog, go for Website Clicks to drive more traffic directly to the source.
- If the content is part of your Mobile or Desktop App, go for the corresponding App Engagement campaign.
- If your content type is video, go for Video Views. This campaign optimizes your video for maximum views while letting you come up with a unique title, description, thumbnail and call-to-action. In addition to that, you can opt for the Cost-Per-View (CPV) bidding model to pay only when users view your video for 10 seconds or more. This is a refreshing break from the traditional CPM bidding model.
- If you’re promoting an event and need engagement on your event page, opt for Event Responses.
To Find Leads/Drive Sales –
- If you are an e-commerce company and want to drive online sales, Website Conversions is a great campaign. You can set up conversion tracking for various events like Add to Cart, Make Purchase etc using the Facebook Pixel setup.
- If you have a wide range of products under various categories, you could also explore Product Catalog Sales which offers the possibility of creating a product database on Facebook itself and dynamically display them to various sets of audiences.
- If you are into Retail or own a Restaurant/Coffee Shop and want to increase walk-ins, Offer Claims is the apt option. Offer a coupon code or a discount voucher and increase your foot traffic.
- If you intend to build a customer database and acquire info like emails, phone numbers etc. for long term purposes, Lead Generation is a great option. This campaign imports data from users’ Facebook profiles and auto-fills a form for them with basic details like name, email, phone number etc. This saves time because the users don’t have to go on a separate landing page and fill the details manually.
Apart from the above campaigns, Facebook is constantly experimenting and introducing new campaigns and ad formats.
The Canvas ad format, the latest one released by Facebook, (https://canvas.facebook.com/) is a full screen vertical ad for the mobile platform.
This is a brilliant platform for brands to be their creative best and engage audiences in a truly unique way.
I have also made a visual representation of the above article for quick reference before you work on your next Facebook advertising campaign –
For more details on Facebook Advertising and how you can make the best of it, drop us a mail with your details and mention your type of business (OR) contact us for a FREE consultation!
1,029 total views, 1 views today