Wasp Mobile is currently seeking a WordPress developer to join the development team. This position will be responsible for bringing ideas to life in the digital space. This role requires the ability to be a strategic & conceptual thinker coupled with a strong ability to execute and produce.
Key Skills & Responsibilities
- See projects through to completion from start to finish and on time
- Work closely with Team Leads, Developers and Project Managers
- Handle multiple projects at once, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Fundamentals in object-oriented programming, data structures and problem solving
- Experience building complex WordPress websites that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Exceptional analytical aptitude and attention to detail
- Good organizational and problem solving skills
- Good team player who is self motivated and well organized
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as you will be working with overseas developers
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or related field or equivalent training/certification
- 5+ years experience in software development
- Custom plugin and module development experience is a must
- Understand WordPress coding best practices
- Experience with responsive web design
- Experience with Git/Mercurial, SQL, XML, JSON and Web Services (XML/JSON)
- Ability to translate business requirements into website functionality
- A passion for web technologies
- Must be a quick learner and be willing to adapt to the needs of the organization
- Ability to maintain the websites with 99.9999% uptime
If there are WordPress websites you have developed that you would like us to consider along with your resume, please attach links to the websites in your resume.
Successful candidates will need to be highly motivated and self-driven. They will also have a strong desire to learn new technologies and be willing to go “all in” to achieve project and company goals.